Filtration Control Agent
PAC™-R filtration control agent is used in most water-based drilling fluids, can provide secondary viscosity and is effective even at low concentrations. It is suitable for use in fresh water, salt water and brine-based fluids. PAC-R filtration control agent is stable to 300°F (149°C), non-toxic and does not require a biocide. PAC filtration control agent products are premium quality fluid loss control products providing superior performance to most other products in their class. PAC-R filtration control agent exceeds the European specifications for regular viscosity polyanionic cellulose.
Data Sheets (DS)
Applications and Functions
- Helps control filtration rates
- Helps retard shale swelling and disintegration
- Helps provide supplementary viscosity in fresh water, sea water, and brine-based fluids
- Effective in fresh water, salt water, and brine-based fluids.
- Effective in small concentrations for viscosity and filtration control
- Stable at temperatures up to 300°F (149°C)
- Effective in moderate to high pH systems
- Does not require a bactericide