Two-Part Thermally Conductive Grout
BAROTHERM GOLD thermally conductive grout is a bentonite material designed for use in grouting boreholes containing ground source heat loops, and related applications.
BAROTHERM GOLD thermally conductive grout when combined with silica sand or MAX-YIELD™ TCM at various concentrations yields a grout with thermal conductivity values ranging between 0.4 and 1.2 BTU/hr·ft·ºF (0.69 – 2.08 watts/m·°C).
Applications and Functions
- A thermally conductive grout medium with low permeability for sealing ground source heat loops
- May be used with or without thermally conductive products
- May be enhanced with silica sand or MAX-YIELD TCM
- NSF/ANSI/CAN Standard 60 certified
- Promotes efficient heat transfer
- Produces a uniform slurry for smooth pumping – No need to add extra water
- Creates a low permeability seal
- Develops a permanent, flexible seal to prevent commingling between aquifers
- No heat of hydration
- No Portland or aluminum cement added
- No gypsum added